Credits

Femikey

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Chemical Burns due to Pool Chlorine Exposure

Its our last day staying in the hotel at Hampton Inn Hotel at Pueblo after our trip to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo last Monday. After dinner we decided to take the kids to the pool and just have fun. That enjoyment didn't last that long because my daughter, she's 7 years old, she had bad reaction to their pool cause of too much chlorine on the hot tub. She's having great time at first then suddenly she complain that her skin are itchy and she feels her skin is burning. So we took her out right away out in the pool, rinse her and took her to our room and put her on the tub for a cool bath. She started crying and shaking so we end up taking her to the Emergency Room at Park View Medical Center. Her back, arms and legs are all red. The nurse just give her a ice pack to cool her skin off. Then they give her ibuprofen or some kind of pain killer. It helps a little bit and she was really tired that night. Exhaustion cause her to sleep. We got back from our hotel around almost midnight. We stop by at City Market to get her some aloe vera gel and mist to help her skin. She keeps waking up at night, toss and turns but she sleep okay after. I just keep giving her that aloe gel and seems like it helps a lot. I'm glad its not really critical but as a parent, its scares us. We didn't expect this to happen and hopefully all the Hotels that has pool or even the recreation area or everywhere that has a swimmig pool, need to check the chlorine level that way it won't happen to other people or young kids like ours.

Swimming is fun and that's what we always looking forward especially when we go for a trip. My kids love swimming and its part of our travel plans. I read the news lately and they have the same problem too with their kids while swimming at the pool. They have chemical burns, bad reaction, rashes and itchiness after swimming. So really the excess chlorine is really the cause of all these bad reactions on the skin. So next time we just need to be careful and hopefully it wont happen again.

No comments: